HomeChévereRapper Sean “Diddy” Combs admits he hit ex-girlfriend

Rapper Sean “Diddy” Combs admits he hit ex-girlfriend

Sean “Diddy” Combs admitted on Sunday (May 19) that he hit his ex-girlfriend Cassie in a hotel hallway in 2016, after CNN aired a video of the attack, AP reported. In the message he broadcast via video, the rapper says he is “truly sorry” for his “inexcusable” behavior.

“I take full responsibility for my actions in that video. “I was disgusted by what I did as soon as I did it, and I am disgusted now,” the music entrepreneur said in the clip posted Sunday on Instagram and Facebook.

Video aired by CNN on Friday shows Combs, wearing only a white towel, punching and kicking R&B singer Cassie, who was his girlfriend at the time. Combs is also seen pushing and dragging Cassie and throwing a pot in her direction.

She sued him.

Cassie, whose legal name is Cassandra Ventura, sued Combs in November, accusing him of years of sexual, physical and emotional abuse. The lawsuit was settled the next day, but it unleashed intense scrutiny on Combs, and other allegations emerged in the following months. In addition, authorities began an investigation into Combs for sex trafficking and raided his mansions in Los Angeles and Miami.

Combs denied the allegations included in the lawsuits, but neither he nor his representatives had responded to the newly released video, until now.

“It's so hard to reflect on the darkest moments of your life, but sometimes you have to,” he says in the video. “I went and sought professional help. I started going to therapy, going to rehab. I had to ask God for his mercy and grace. I'm so sorry. But I am determined to be a better man, every day and every day. “I am not asking for forgiveness, I am truly sorry,” he said.

He denied everything first

In the audiovisual, apparently recorded selfie style, Combs looks gloomy, wears a T-shirt and appears to be in a patio. It is the most direct response and the first expression of contrition from the music mogul after six months of denying allegations that have threatened his career and reputation.

Meredith Firetog, who represents Ventura and other women who have sued Combs, said the message is “more about himself” than the many people he has hurt.

“When Cassie and multiple other women came forward with their complaints, he denied everything and suggested his victims only wanted money,” the attorney said in a statement. “The fact that he was forced to 'apologise' only after his denials were proven false shows his pathetic desperation, as no one is convinced by his cynical words.”

In marzo de 2016

In December, after Ventura and at least three other women filed lawsuits, Combs widely posted a message on Instagram denying all the claims.

“Let me be totally clear: I did not do any of those terrible things that are being alleged,” Combs said at the time.

The security camera video, taken on March 5, 2016, matches an incident at the InterContinental Hotel in the Century City area of ​​Los Angeles that is described in Ventura's lawsuit.

50 thousand dollars

The lawsuit claims Combs paid the hotel $50.000 in exchange for the security video immediately after the incident. Neither he nor his representatives have responded specifically to that allegation. CNN did not reveal how it obtained those images.

The lawsuit says Ventura had been trying to get away from Combs, who was sleeping and who before the video had punched him in the face.

Combs is not at risk of criminal prosecution for the beating. The deadline to report cases of assault and battery already expired years ago.

Same with many of the other allegations included in the lawsuits, but federal investigators following Combs are probably looking for any hint of illegality that they can take to court.

Ventura signed to Diddy's record label in 2005. The two had an on-again, off-again relationship for over a decade starting in 2007.

Leave a response

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here