They reveal how the assassination plan was in Haiti with Colombian mercenaries

This Friday at a joint press conference of the heads of the Military Forces, the Army and the Haitian Police, some progress of the ongoing investigation was announced.

It is known that two of those involved, Duberney Capador and Germán Alejandro Rivera, traveled on May 6 from Bogotá to Panama and from there to Santo Domingo, where they stayed for four days before taking a flight to Port-au-Prince. The other Colombians arrived in the Dominican Republic on June 4, and on June 6 they crossed into Haiti through the El Carrizal border crossing.

The "murder planning" was done in 32 days, according to an infographic shared with the press.

The authorities also said they had information on four companies involved in the crime, without going into further details.

A group of 28 foreign mercenaries, including retired Colombian soldiers, assassinated the president of Haiti, Jovenel Moïse (53) at his residence, leaving his wife, Martine, seriously injured.

After a shooting in the capital, Port-au-Prince, 17 were arrested, some in the house they were using, others after entering the Taiwan diplomatic complex.

Police killed three suspects and eight are still being sought.

Taiwan reported on Friday that 11 alleged members of the command that killed Moise broke into its embassy in Port-au-Prince in an attempt to flee, but were detained by police.

Following the assassination, Haiti entered a "state of siege" for 15 days, as ordered by the prime minister.

Professional soldiers

Manuel Antonio Grosso, detained by the assassin, is one of the "best prepared military personnel in the Colombian army" at age 40, according to the newspaper El Tiempo.

On his Facebook profile, the man posted on June 6 17 photographs in which he is seen posing in different tourist places in the Dominican Republic, such as the presidential palace in Santo Domingo.

Grosso Guarín is a native of Sogamoso, a town near Bogotá. According to his Facebook profile, the man lived in Bogotá, was single and does not record his age.

Another of those captured is Francisco Eladio Uribe, who according to his wife left the army in 2019 after 20 years of service as a professional soldier.

The former escort and driver was recruited by an alleged security company that offered him to travel to other countries as bodyguards for powerful families, said Yuli, the woman who identified herself as the partner of the former military detainee in Haiti.

In dialogue with W Radio, she said that her husband was contacted by a man named Capador, one of the mercenaries killed by Haitian forces after the assassination. "Initially the company offered them $ 2.700 a month," he said.

According to her version, Uribe called her on Thursday on WhatsApp to tell her that he and his colleagues "were sheltered because they were looking for them." "He did not understand very well what was happening (...), it was a very vague conversation," he said.

The US has not confirmed the participation of American citizens

The US State Department said it could not confirm whether any of its citizens had been detained.

However, the US and Canadian media report that one of the arrested dual citizens, James Solages, 35, is from Florida and was a former bodyguard at the Canadian embassy in Haiti.

An investigating judge told local media that Solages and the other US citizen, named Joseph Vincent, had said they were there as translators for the mercenaries, after finding the job on the Internet.

"The mission was to arrest President Jovenel Moïse ... and not kill him," Judge Clément Noël told Le Nouvelliste.

The United States said on Friday it would send FBI and department of homeland security officials to Haiti following the nation's request for help in the investigation.

Members of the Moïse security detachment have been summoned to Haitian courts to answer questions about their failures.

 

SPONSORED LINKS

				
					<div class="fb-comments" data-href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" data-width="100%" data-numposts="5">&nbsp;</div>