The skin gets dirty from the substances that it removes, such as oil, sweat and scaly cells; the pollution or dirt it receives from the atmosphere; as well as the remains of makeup after the day, elements that seriously undermine the attractiveness because cleaning is the first step to be beautiful: clean skin indicates decorum, hygiene and personal care, in addition to cleaning the face contributes to oxygenate the skin and maintain its radiance.
To choose the appropriate make-up removers for the type of skin and the area (eyes and lips), we must first know the type of it, regardless of the type of skin, "daily cleaning is essential for the effectiveness of any treatment, since clean skin is more receptive to cosmetic products ”, points out the beautician Margot Suárez Peraza, who adds that cleaning the face is essential whether you use makeup or if you go with your face washed: at night to remove the remains of makeup or pollution that accumulates on the skin; and in the morning, to suppress the excess fat secreted during the night.
All cosmetic firms have effective make-up removal and cleansing products designed and formulated with the same technology as if they were the most innovative beauty product. To remove make-up from the face, neck and décolleté, the cleansing product is applied with the help of the fingers, tracing circular movements in order to ensure that the product mixes well with the dirt. The middle of the face is the fattest and therefore the one that retains the most dirt. The temporary area must also be carefully cleaned, which is always neglected for fear of dirtying the hair. The cleaner should be removed with water and soft sponges. Next, the tonic is applied with the help of a cotton ball, giving small touches to the face, neck and décolleté. It is finished by drying the face with a cellulose washcloth.
The skin around the eyes and lips is very delicate. You begin by applying the make-up remover on the eyelashes with the help of a cotton pad soaked in the product, it is also passed over the eyelids, repeating this operation until there are no traces of mascara or eye shadow. In the case of the skin around the lips, which is very fragile and sensitive, the make-up remover is applied with a cotton pad soaked in the product, always from the corner to the inside of the lips so as not to stain the face with the color of the bar.
There are make-up removers that have particular properties since the skin in this area has characteristics that confer great fragility. A good makeup remover should be gentle and at the same time able to quickly dissolve any remaining makeup. There are them with a gel, oil or lotion texture; the softest are the lightest and the oils are the ones with the most cleaning power. To remove make-up from the lips, you can use a specific product to remove make-up from the eyes, although there are some exclusively for lips.
IDENTIFY YOUR SKIN
• When the grain of the skin is fine, the appearance is smooth, the pores are almost imperceptible, it has a soft touch and a good color, the skin is considered normal.
• When it is fine, tight, dry, has small scales in some areas, the pores are almost negligible and it tolerates soaps poorly, it is a dry skin. If you also have reddened cheeks and small red streaks (dilated capillaries) are perceived, we are dealing with sensitive skin.
• If it has an unctuous and shiny appearance, the pores are enlarged and when pressed with a cellulose wipe, it is stained, it is an oily skin. If it turns red easily, it tolerates soaps badly and pigments badly in the sun, it is also dehydrated.
• When the central area (forehead, nose and chin), presents characteristics of oily skin and in the rest those of dry skin, we are dealing with combination skin.
• If the skin is dry, shows a dull and dull color, has more or less wrinkles, bags, sagging, dark spots ... it is a skin that shows signs of skin aging.
• Strong fragrances. Many make-up removal products paradoxically bring strong fragrances, usually artificial, and add unnecessary chemicals. In the past they were more common. Natural fragrances from plants are beneficial. They are usually more subtle scents.
• Alcohol. Dry the skin.
• Mineral oil. Covers pores, it is widely used in cosmetics because it is a low-priced ingredient. Even the most exclusive brands use it.
• In addition to daily care once or twice a week, you need to exfoliate your skin and use a mask. If you have time, do a home beauty session with an exfoliator, a mask, a toner and the cream that best suits your skin type. The skin will breathe and appear more luminous and hydrated.
• Creams or milk without water. To remove makeup without using water, it is best to place a small amount of product in the palm of the hand, spread it over the face with a light circular massage and then remove the excess with a tissue or a cotton pad.
• Remove make-up with water. To remove make-up with water, slightly moisten the face, apply the product with your hands, spreading gently and let it act on the skin for a few seconds; then rinse and dry immediately.
• There are also brushes specially adapted to remove make-up and they are a good element to do a good cleaning because their hair distributes the best product, detaches dead cells from the surface of the skin and stimulates circulation.
• Cleansing milk. They are fluid emulsions in two phases: an oily one that eliminates dead cells, and another aqueous one that cleans water-soluble dirt.
• Toners and lotions. Toners are aqueous liquids made up of purified or distilled water and plant extracts with softening properties. Lotions fulfill the same function as tonics, although they have a more complete action and more specific effects. Also, a morning toner or lotion is a light, fluid and fresh formula that gently cleanses the skin without the need to rub, and also tones, refreshes and awakens.
• Make-up remover and toner. They fulfill, in a single product, the function of cleansing milk (or cream) and that of tonic, toning the epidermis without leaving traces of fat or a feeling of dryness or tightness.
• Complete makeup removers: face and eyes. A new generation of make-up removers, called "complete" or "integral", remove make-up from the face and the eyes at the same time; Its very specific formula is based on make-up removers for the eyes, the most sensitive area of the face.
• Soaps and "pains". Bars of soap without detergents, whose cleaning power is high and, normally, does not foam, having antibacterial properties. It is the favorite of dermatologists for its aseptic power and for its total absence of substances that can attack the skin.
• Gel. Gels are good cleansers and purifiers, as they gently remove dead skin cells, especially when applied by brush.
• Oils. Oil is the fastest and easiest makeup remover. Suitable for all skin types, including oily ones.