WhatsApp is one of the most used instant messaging applications in the world. Hence the strong repercussions and communication problems caused by the drops in its service, as with the fall of the Instagram-Facebook-Whatsapp trilogy. However, there are other applications that have similar functionalities and can be used as alternatives available for IOS and Android systems:
Here are some of them:
- Skype: Microsoft has in its ecosystem of products a software that allows to generate communications beyond the work space, since it is designed both for conversations between two people and for group conversations.
- TelegramAfter WhatsApp, it is one of the most used applications in the West and became popular for its secret chats, which self-destruct once they were read. This app was one of the first to incorporate encryption to ensure a higher level of security when exchanging messages. Currently, it allows groups of up to 10.000 users.
- Signal- It is one of the most reliable services as it offers end-to-end encryption. The application allows you to send files of all kinds and make video calls. The messaging service was created by Open Whisper Systems and its founder is the hacker Moxie Marlinspike. Edward Snowden said he uses it.
- Allo: this Google messaging service allows you to send private or group messages, documents and add stickers to conversations. One of the most interesting aspects it has is the integration with the virtual assistant Google Assistant, which can offer suggestions and recommendations within the conversation. In addition, it has an option to have incognito chats that are automatically deleted, such as in Telegram or Snapchat.
- Line: it offers group chats, stickers and video calls but adds, as a distinctive, the possibility of creating a survey and making payments.
- WeChat: it is the most used messaging application in the East, especially in China, and it allows you to send messages with attachments. You also have the ability to make payments.
- Hangouts: with this application it is possible to start private or group chats, send attachments, add stickers and make video calls.
- Viber: allows the exchange of messages and calls, in addition to the possibility of generating hidden chats, that is, conversations that do not appear on the messaging screen. It also offers the possibility of creating group chats of up to 250 people and deleting audios or texts after they have been sent.