You don't need to get millions of followers or views to have a successful blog or online business. You may be able to make a living with just a few hundred VIP Facebook followers. Or you can sell enough seats for your online course with a smaller Twitter or Instagram following.
The point is that social media is important, but it's important not to get discouraged just because you see other accounts with millions of followers or videos with millions of views. Every business is different, so it's more about how to use social media. And that's where social media plugins for WordPress come in. You can choose from a wide range of tools, some of which help you develop your following, while others are better suited to getting the word out about your business.
The most common social media plugins provide some of the following features and benefits:
- Buttons to share on social networks- Improve your exposure online as users find pages and posts they like and then share them on social media sites.
- Social icons with links- Show customers that you have social business pages, and allow them to click and follow you. It is one of the easiest ways to build your social following.
- A social login page- A social login keeps your site more secure and minimizes spam from bots. It's also easier for customers, as they don't have to create a completely new username / password combo.
- Social comments: The WordPress default commenting system has no social aspect (here's how disable comments in WordPress). So if someone makes a comment on your post, it is not going to motivate others to comment. However, Facebook comments can be seen on Facebook and on your blog, spreading the conversation much faster.
- A social blocking tool: some blogs and companies restrict content with these tools. The user exchanges something like a social share or follows you to gain access. It is a great way to gain more followers.
- A social feed- Present your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter feed directly on your website. It adds more visuals to your site and offers a preview of what people can expect from your actual social page.
- A social media poster- This type of plugin automates the social posting process. For example, you can have it automatically share your previous blog posts with Twitter. Followers benefit as you are always sharing content and you don't have to work as hard.
Here are some suggestions and we talk about the pros and cons to help guide you in your decision:
1.- Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress
- It costs less than $ 20, yet it offers far more features than most other premium WordPress social media plugins.
- You can link to their social media profiles.
- It allows you to reveal counters to share social networks and the number of people who follow you on social networks. (including Twitter actions)
- Create quotes to share on your blog posts.
- You have a simple button for users to subscribe to your email newsletter.
- Share your top social posts so even more people read your content.
- View analytics and social metrics to see what type of content performs best. Run A / B split tests on your social button location.
- Choose from over 50 social media buttons, 28 display locations, 50 templates, and 25 eye-catching animations.
- Other plugins are easier to set up from scratch.
2.- Social Pug
- This plugin is very fast and lightweight.
- The user interface and icons have a great modern design to them.
- Includes social resource counts (and yes Twitter is included)
- Offer different positions such as online and floating
- Some of the good options you may want, such as mobile sharing buttons, UTM, and link shortening, are only found in the premium version.
- Some alternative plugins offer more social networks.
3. Social Media Share Buttons & Social Sharing Icons (Ultimate Sharing)
The plugin includes social buttons to link to your accounts and get people to share your articles and pages. More than 200 social media platforms are covered with the buttons, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. One of the main reasons you can go with this WordPress social media plugin is if you are trying to find a highly custom layout. For example, a blog about cats might choose buttons with templates that look like cats.
- It is one of the most customizable plugins in terms of button visibility. For example, you may decide to hide the buttons after a user has already seen them.
- People don't have to leave your site to follow your social pages.
- Some of the design styles are extremely unique and give you some creative options to make your site look more interesting.
- The plugin offers some weird buttons for things like Better Business Bureau, Github and Xing.
- You won't get much more than basic suggestions with the free version. The best support is provided when you pay for the premium plugin.
- There is no way to set a minimum for social count or follower counts.
4.- Social Media Share Buttons | MashShare
- It is one of the only WordPress social media plugins with plugins. So you can choose the features that you want instead of paying full price for a bundle of features that you may not end up using.
- The plugin has a built-in caching for fast button delivery.
- Filters and actions are available for further development.
- Shortcodes allow you to place social media buttons anywhere on your website.
- Common share buttons are somewhat limited, so you may have to pay for an add-on if you want more.
- The backend is a bit confusing. There are many settings to configure, so beginners can be intimidated.
5.- Social Media Flying Icons | Floating Social Media Icon
- Designs are plentiful, with creative options like trucks and computers.
- You can adjust the size of the icon directly from the dashboard.
- Change the order of social media buttons with a drag-and-drop editor.
- You can add custom icons if a certain social media website is not supported.
- The floating tools allow you to choose a start position and an end position on your page.
- Shortcodes help you insert social media buttons wherever you want. For example, you could drop a few buttons right in the middle of a blog post.
- The plugin only has icons to link to your social media accounts. If you need to share buttons, look elsewhere.
- Some may find the floating effects annoying.
- After choosing a theme, there aren't many other customization options.
Instagram is one of the most popular networks to display on your website. It may have something to do with the beautiful filters that make your photos look more interesting. Anyway, including a feed to your posts can be done with the help of the plugin Instagram Feed.
- It is an excellent plugin to add some images to your website. It also gives people a taste of what you share on Instagram, which causes people to follow you.
- You can customize everything from width to height and background color to image spacing.
- You are not limited to an Instagram feed.
- The "Follow on Instagram" button is provided towards the bottom of the feed.
- You can add your own header at the top of the feed.
- Photo captions are only displayed with the pro version. Therefore, the free version is more of an image gallery, compared to a real social feed.
- The plugin does not support other social media sources.
- The settings page is surprisingly long and intimidating for such a basic plugin.
WordPress Social Stream solves the main problem with the Instagram Feed plugin that we discussed earlier. This plugin includes a wide range of social networks, so you can have anything from Facebook to Pinterest fonts displayed on your WordPress site.
- Choose from 15 social media feeds.
- There are more than 60 display options for your feeds.
- Rotary feeding is possible, along with the traditional 'wall' format.
- You can show things like comments and retweets, or disable them entirely.
- It is not as simple and clean as the usual Instagram Feed plugin.
- You can't format the content block module that much. You mainly wrap the text and that's it.
With information from the Kinsta technology blog