"Nobody, not even the doctors, know more about health than we drunkards ... Salud, Salud !! ... Trapichito.-
Today is Post Office Day, like every Tuesday, and tomorrow will be Wednesday as well.
César Casadiego, from Culiacán, asks ...: "Is it very difficult to hit four home runs in a major league game, how many have done it and who?"
Friend Ceso…: There are only 18 on that list. And they do not appear, Barry Bonds, Hank Aaron, Babe Ruth, or Alex Rodriguez, the first four with the most home runs in history. Among the other major records, only 18 strikeouts have been achieved by as few as 23 pitchers. Perfect games have been 23, and also 300 pitchers have reached 500 victories or more, 27 or more home runs have been fired by 32 and three thousand hits and more by XNUMX.
Additionally, four home runs in a game were seen only once in each decade of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s.
And after Ed Delahanty was the second to connect them, on July 13, 1896, there weren't until Lou Gherig, almost 36 years later, on June 3, 1932.
These are the 18 who have achieved the quartet of home runs in a game ...:
- JD Martínez, D-backs, September 4, 2017
- Scooter Gennett, Reds, June 6, 2017
- Josh Hamilton, Rangers, May 8, 2012
- Carlos Delgado, Blue Jays, September 25, 2003
- Shawn Green, Dodgers, May 23, 2002
- Mike Cameron, Mariners, May 2, 2002
- Mark Whiten, Cardinals, September 7, 1993
- Bob Horner, Braves, July 6, 1986
- Mike Schmidt, Phillies, April 17, 1976
- Willie Mays, Giants, April 30, 1961
- Rocky Colavito, Indians, June 10, 1959
- Joe Adcock, Braves, July 31, 1954
- Gil Hodges, Dodgers, August 31, 1950
- Pat Seerey, White Sox, July 18, 1948
- Chuck Klein, Phillies, July 10, 1936
- Lou Gehrig, Yankees, June 3, 1932
- Ed Delahanty, Phillies, July 13, 1896
- Bobby Lowe, Beaneaters, May 30, 1894
Daniel Rojas R. from Barquisimeto, asks…: “How many Latin Americans vote for the Cooperstown Hall of Fame, how many are there in total, what is the average age of the voters, who is the oldest and how old are they?
Dano friend ...: The voters are more than 400, never the exact number, because some always retire, die or do not want to vote; this year we reached 10 Spanish speakers; the average age of the entire group, between 35 and 92 years old, the oldest is me, with 92 years of holidays.
Thanks to the life that has given me so much, even a reader like you.