The protector of the state of Táchira, Freddy Bernal, reported that due to the significant increase in cases of COVID-19 infections, mobility from Táchira to any part of the country and vice versa is prohibited.
He stressed that "due to its proximity to the border with Colombia, the state has 470% more infections than in the entire country due to its proximity to the border," said Bernal.
“We are able to respond to any contingency but we do not want the passage from Colombia to aggravate the situation. So, in addition to the restrictive measures announced by the National Executive, the exit of cars from Táchira to other states is prohibited, as well as entry, ”said Bernal.
Additionally, he reported that the following measures were activated during these two weeks of radical quarantine and stated that the ZODI, together with the Citizen Security Organizations, are responsible for ensuring their due compliance.
- Interurban transport remains suspended (the San Cristóbal passenger terminal remains closed and mobility from Táchira to any part of the country and vice versa is prohibited)
2. Suspended transportation from any part of the state of Táchira to San Antonio Bolívar municipality and Ureña Pedro María Ureña municipality and vice versa because they are on the border with the New Granada country, who lost control of the pandemic.
3. Mobility is allowed between the Bolívar and Pedro María Ureña municipalities (internal mobility only).
4. Mobility within each municipality is authorized, that is, within each municipality of the state of Táchira the transport sector can work.
5. Free transit to the entire productive sector is guaranteed without exception (food, food, supplies, materials for agribusiness, among others) without any type of limitations.
6. The food sectors: supermarkets, warehouses, supplies, butchers, greengrocers and food stores in general will be able to work from 7 am to 7 pm applying biosecurity measures.
7. Pharmaceutical sector: pharmacies, drug stores, similar laboratories from 8 am to 9 pm except for those that are on call 24 hours a day, which remain the same.
8. Restaurants and coffe shops, only and exclusively to take away.
9. Municipal markets only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 7:00 am to 2:XNUMX pm and must comply with biosafety, social distancing and disinfection measures in concentration areas.
10. Transportation in general will work with restriction measures and mobility tables from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm for the mobility of those who require it for work and health reasons.
11. The sectors not prioritized and not indicated in the official gazette will not be able to function.
12. All types of gatherings, public or private parties are prohibited.
Likewise, the San Cristóbal passenger terminal remains closed.
“We also have a fight against piracy since they have taken on the task of activating clandestine terminals, violating laws and biosafety measures. People who are arrested in flagrante delicto will be presented to the Public Ministry, ”said Bernal.
He exhorted the people of Tachira to maintain vigilance in compliance with the regulations and avoid returning to zero point. "Humanity suffers from a pandemic characterized by a second wave, which involves the English, African, German, Japanese, Brazilian variant and which according to experts already covers some 13 states of Brazil," said Bernal.
He recalled that in Venezuela there are already cases of this new variant in six states, such as Caracas, Miranda, La Guaira, Zulia, Bolívar and Mérida. "It is a highly virulent load and makes the degree of contagion grow exponentially," he said.
With information from Eliana Useche and Narkys Blanco