Operation Gideon was postponed in 2019 because deputies stole the money

The Colombian Prosecutor's Office is investigating the origin of the funds used to plan, sustain and execute the so-called Operation Gedeón, which was completed one year on May 3 and whose purpose was the decapitation of the government of President Nicolás Maduro and its replacement by a civic-military transition board chaired by Raúl Isaías Baduel, Juan Guaidó and Antonio Sequea Torres.  

Such information is contained in file 470016001018202000898 conducted by the National Directorate Specialized Prosecutor for Organized Crime of the neighboring country. The copy of a piece of that file was delivered to journalists on Monday by Deputy Jorge Rodríguez, president of the National Assembly, during an appearance in front of the media.  

The piece of the file covers 21 pages where the interrogation that the prosecutor Carlos Roberto Izquierdo Ortegón made to the lieutenant (Ex) Venezuelan deserter Jimmy José Montesinos is transcribed. The Prosecutor asks the Venezuelan military about the financiers of the three camps installed in Riohacha, Maicao and Sierra Nevada, Colombia, where a group of 70 former Venezuelan soldiers were trained for Operation Gideon. In this regard, the Prosecutor asked the military deserter whether he knew the role played by Venoco, a lubricant company; Solmico (civil construction and asphalt) and Serami. The latter is the aeronautical company allegedly contracted to bring Jordan Goudreau, Alexander Denman and Airan Berry to Colombia.  

The questions also revolved around who paid the expenses in the three camps. The military deserter replied that originally the administrator was a girl named Alex but that in the end it turned out to be Yacsi Álvarez, who also acted as translator for Goudreau and later the Sequea brothers.  

The finance manager was General Clíver Alcalá Cordones, said Jimmy Montesinos. Even this military man, currently imprisoned in the United States, came into conflict with opposition deputies over the issue of money. In fact, in June 2019 he met in one of the camps and informed the conspirators that the Operation was canceled due to a theft of finances. "That day he speaks to us, he tells us that the operation has to be postponed because the deputies stole the money," confessed Jimmy Montesinos during the interrogation with the prosecutor Izquierdo Ortegón. "Which deputies?" Asked the Prosecutor. "Superlano, I remember that it was Superlano, Gaby Arellano ... that the businessmen had given 5 million dollars for the operation and that they (Clíver Alcalá) wanted to give only one million to buy weapons and that was not going to be enough", Jimmy Montesinos responded, adding that in that conversation between Clíver Alcalá and the defending military, Jordan Goudreau was present.  

In November 2019, Clíver Alcalá moved the Maicao camp to Riohacha, specifically for a rented house near the Éxito Shopping Center. On that occasion he informs them that "things are close" and promises to pay them $ 300 a month. The "thing" did not happen because the arms supplier failed, but if they came before the "issue" would be the coup would occur on December 31, 2020 itself.  

The gringos arrive. After the December plans failed, on January 15, 2020, Alexander Denman and Airan Berry, agents of the Silvercorp company, arrive from the United States to Colombia with part of the military equipment that would be used in the operation, including night vests and visors. With them upstairs Richard Antonio Figueroa Betancourt, a former Venezuelan military man who participated in the April 2002 coup d'état and the subsequent seizure of Plaza Francia in Altamira. They presented him as the person in charge of social networks, whose maximum expression was the site Twitter Caribe, where the identity of the fallen was disseminated on May 3, 2020 in La Guaira, when they tried to penetrate Venezuela.  

From that date (15/1/20) they began training with Denman and Berry. "The training was confined area combat," explained Jimmy Montensinos. By the end of February, there was a conflict between the Sequea brothers and Rayder Alexander Russo, alias Pico. The latter left because he did not accept the arrival of First Lieutenant Jairo Bethelmy, who was placed as commander of the camp.  

In March they unified the three camps and began the march towards Venezuela, having as their first stop the farm of alias Doble Rueda in Alta Guajira. But from there they decide to return to Riohacha because they found out that Clíver Alcalá "gave himself up." Two days later they return to Alta Guajira and on May 1 the two boats leave: a small one with 11 people and the large one housing 50. The plan was to enter through Macuto where eight trucks were waiting for them from where they would depart for Caracas. On the way they planned to attack the weapons park of the Bolivarian National Guard post located on the Caracas-La Guaira highway. Then they would continue to take over the Bolivarian National Intelligence Service (Sebin) to free Raúl Isaías Baduel and transfer him to Miraflores where the transitory board presided over by him, Juan Guaidó and Antonio Sequea would be installed. That morning of May 3, the first outpost of Operation Gideon confronted the Special Actions Force (Faes) in Macuto, resulting in eight of the raiders killed.  

PDF Embedder requires a url attribute OFFICE HOUR



					<div class="fb-comments" data-href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" data-width="100%" data-numposts="5">&nbsp;</div>