During the public hearing on the draft Organic Law on Special Economic Zones, in which President Nicolás Maduro called on all sectors to broaden the debate on this legal instrument, in a real exercise for subjecting the strength of the himself, exposed eight criticisms collected from the diverse opinions in the different media. In this sense, we consider that it is our duty to clarify each one of them to the Venezuelan people.
- The LOZEE promotes labor deregulation and actions against the working class: it is necessary to emphasize that the law does not regulate the Venezuelan labor regime in any way, and thereby defends the Organic Labor Law for Male and Female Workers as a legacy of Commander Chávez. What this legal instrument does promote is better conditions so that the working class can access a decent remuneration and more benefits.
- The LOZEE will generate a reduction in taxes and falls in tax revenues: it must be remembered that the tax incentives presented by the law are aimed at the industrial sector, especially the exporter that generates foreign exchange, since what it is about is to generate a diversification of the apparatus production and the generation of wealth by the private sector for national development. In this sense, large taxpayers focused on the commercial sector are not affected. During the CADIVI era, the importing commercial sector accessed 10 dollars from the State, for every dollar produced by private industrialists in the country.
- The LOZEE promotes the entry of transnational companies and a free market economy: the bill that the National Assembly brings to the discussion of the country, aims to highlight national sovereignty, which aims to modify the rentier economy that has implied the import of foreign goods from the country. A fact that in effect succumbs to globalized Neoliberalism and that today places us in a situation of dependency in the face of a criminal blockade that prevents us from accessing basic supplies for our daily lives. What if you want is to attract both national and foreign investment, although at no time is reference to the term transnational, in addition to the Constitutional Law of Productive Foreign Investments and the Constitutional Anti-Blockade Law for National Development and the Guarantee of Human Rights. , in the midst of an environment of unilateral coercive measures by imperialism, which has produced 7 decrees and more than 300 administrative measures against Venezuela, causing a 99% drop in national income, generating losses of more than 102,5 billion of dollars, the withholding of more than 3 billion dollars abroad and the theft of our assets. This bill seeks to unblock the country internationally.
- The LOZEE promotes a reduction in the role of the State as the governing body of the economy: the bill does not define the role of the State in the development of the National Economy, in principle for two fundamental reasons; the first because it does not transversally modify any of the existing laws and in the second instance because, on the contrary, it strengthens the role of the State as a regulator of Special Economic Zones.
- The LOZEE promotes the development of maquilas and not industrial development: in each of the chapters of the law, special emphasis is placed on the productive and industrial sectors of the country that are concentrated within these geographical areas, and other instruments such as special regimes of the temporary administration for active improvement that corresponds to the SENIAT. What the law is about is a commitment to industrialization, diversification, supply, the generation of wealth, the dignity of the working class, the transfer of science and technology, as well as the transformation of the national productive model.
- The LOZEE promotes the delivery to foreign capital and subordination to neoliberal globalization: as previously mentioned, the laws regarding foreign investment are not modified in the Law, and this legal instrument supported by article 299 of the Constitution of the Bolivarian Republic de Venezuela preserves the same conditions for both national and foreign companies.
- The LOZEE promotes the elimination of environmental laws and ecocide: the bill does not consider special environmental regulations, or about our natural resources. On the contrary, it has incentives for the green regime related to the energy transition and the mitigation of climate change (see art. 26), generating a consonance with the XNUMXth historical objective of the Plan de la Patria.
- The Special Economic Zones will generate an increase in poverty and inequality in the population: there is no empirical or scientific evidence that demonstrates these implications in the Special Economic Zones of the world, on the contrary it has been the only economic initiative that has obtained more than 700 millions of people out of poverty, as in the case of the People's Republic of China in such a short time since its implementation. This occurs for the reason that these types of Zones are developed in depressed spaces that provide a prosperous socio-economic fabric of these territories.
Many are the myths that have been generated around the Special Economic Zones, so we invite all our people to know first-hand this initiative of law, available in a public way, and participate in the face-to-face and virtual activities that have been you have been developing and sending us your suggestions through all the digital instruments that the Permanent Commission on Economy, Finance and Economic Development of the National Assembly have provided.