• 1 cup of wild rice
• 4 cups of drinking water
• 1 medium onion cut into brunoise (small dice)
• 1 carrot cut into brunoise
• 3 complete branches of celery peeled and cut into brunoise
• 3 red sweet peppers cut into brunoise
• 3 green sweet peppers cut into brunoise
• 50 grams apricot dried apricots
• 50 grams chopped walnuts
• 50 grams of cut blond raisins
• 50 grams dates (you can also use merey, macadamia, peanuts, etc.)
• 2 cups of rice
• 4 cups of water or broth
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 tablespoon of salt
• 5 oil tablespoons
In a pot add the wild rice and the 4 cups of water, bring to a boil over high heat and after it boils, it is lowered to a minimum heat and it is cooked until the grain opens, it is strained, it is placed under the stream of water cold in a colander, drain and reserve.
In another pot, fry the garlic in oil, add the rice and water, wait for it to boil, cover, lower the heat and cook until the grain doubles in size. Remove from the heat and reserve.
Sauté the onion, sweet peppers, carrot and celery, set aside.
By the time of serving
The two rice dishes are combined with the sauce, and the small cut nuts are added; everything is mixed very well and served, it can be eaten at room temperature or hot.