Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
HomeChévereCeline Dion cancels tour due to illness

Celine Dion cancels tour due to illness

The 55-year-old Canadian singer suffers from Stiff Person Syndrome (SPR)

Celine Dion canceled her world tour, "Courage World Tour", due to the disease she suffers from, reported EFE. Stiff person syndrome (SPR), the ailment suffered by the Canadian singer, affects her nervous system and causes muscle spasms.

The announcement was made by the 55-year-old artist herself in a statement published on her social networks.

“I'm so sorry for letting you down again. I work really hard to get my strength back, but being on tour can be very difficult, even when you're at 100%," Celine Dion said.

“It's not fair to you that I keep postponing shows and while it breaks my heart, it's better that I cancel everything until I'm really ready to return to the stage. I want you to know that I am not giving up… and that I am looking forward to seeing you again! ”, She also stated.

In treatment

The statement explains that the multiple Grammy Award winner has continued to receive treatment for her illness as the world has emerged from the pandemic, but the recovery has not occurred as quickly as she had hoped.

In this way, Celine Dion cancels the concerts that she had left on her world tour, which corresponded to her European leg, after having given 52 in North America before the start of the pandemic, when she had to take a break due to the restrictions imposed by covid in march 2020.

He still had 42 concerts left (19 in 2023 and 23 in 2024) in France, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Finland, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Poland, Switzerland, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Austria, Ireland, England and the United Kingdom. .

If he had not canceled the tour, the next concert he had scheduled was in Amsterdam on August 26 and the last one was going to be in London on April 22, 2024.

On the big screen

The statement recalls that after suspending the tour in March 2020, Celine Dion shot her first film “Love again” (“Love at first message”), along with Priyanka Chopra and Sam Heughan, in early 2021. The singer then revealed that she had been diagnosed with PRS.

"Celine Dion's medical team continues to evaluate and treat her illness," the note reads.

"We hope that one day soon," he adds, "Celine will be able to go to every city in Europe to perform for her fantastic fans, but now is simply not the time," they said.

Leave a response

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here